This is my fifth blog post on the benefits of hugging! Why so many? Because the benefits are so great that “The Hug” is something that we must incorporate into our everyday lives. 8 reasons why you should…. get up from your computer right this minute… and find someone to hug!!!
1. The Hug raises our serotonin levels. 6 seconds or more (THE LONGER THE BETTER) can raise our levels of that feel good hormone in our brains, help elevate our moods and create happy feelings.
2. Hugs can instantly boost oxytocin levels in our brains and can help heal feelings of loneliness, isolation, and anger.
3. Hugging helps relax muscles by releasing tension in the body… and soothe aches by increasing circulation into the soft tissues. Hugging can actually help alleviate pain.
4. Hugs can teach us how to give and receive. There is equal value in giving and receiving… and hugging helps educate us on how love flows both ways.
5. Hugging strengthens our immune systems. The gentle pressure on the sternum and the emotional charge this creates activates the solar plexus chakra…. which in turn stimulates the thymus gland…which helps regulate and balance the body’s production of white blood cells… which in turn helps keeps us healthy and disease free. YAY!
6. Hugging teaches us to let go and be present in the moment. Hugging encourages us to flow with the energy of life and connect with our hearts and feelings.
7. The touch of a hug builds trust and helps us feel safe…. which in turn helps us to be open and honest with our communication.
8. Hugging can help boost our self esteem. When we are born and growing up… our family’s touch shows us that we are special and loved. The associations of self-worth and the tactile sensations from our young years are still imbedded in our nervous system as adults. The hugs we received from our mommy and daddy remain imprinted at a cellular level in our bodies… so the hugs we receive now remind of that. Hugs will help connect us to our ability to self love.
There you go My Most Beautiful Peeps… 8 reasons to get out there and start hugging NOW!
Thank you Steven W. and Misha for the amazing hugs!!