GRATITUDE actually alters our brain waves in a most positive way…. In such a big way that researchers at The University of California, Davis found that people who regularly say Thank You have more energy than those who do not. Besides having more energy here are a few more benefits to having a dose of Gratitude…..
Benefits of Practicing Gratitude
- Increased positive emotions
- Being more alert, awake, and feeling alive
- Experiencing more pleasure or joy
- Being more optimistic, happier
- Being more forgiving
- Increased generosity, compassion, and helpfulness
- Feeling more connected, less lonely or alone
- Being more outgoing, demonstrative, or animated
- Lower blood pressure
- Healthier immune system
- Fewer aches and pains
- Better sleep or sleeping longer, feelings refreshed in the a.m.
- Tendency to eat healthier and exercise more
- (list from www.therapyhub.com)
GRATITUDE….. IT DOES A BODY GOOD!!